Job Opportunity: College Success Team Leader
College Success Team Leader
Project GRAD Los Angeles is an exemplary early college outreach program that prepares students to enter and succeed in college. We facilitate partnerships with teachers, administrators, parents, students, and other community groups to increase the number of students entering and succeeding in college. The Team Leader will supervise a team of Advisors across a middle school, a high school, and local colleges to create, coordinate, and implement grade-appropriate college readiness and success programs. The Team Leader will work with the Project GRAD Leadership Team in meeting the mission, goals, and objectives of the organization.
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
- Work closely with the Leadership Team in building a unified continuum of services from 6th grade to college graduation
- Lead, manage, and support College Success Team Advisors that work under his/her supervision
- Build strong relationships with school administrators, counselors, and teachers
- Manage a caseload of students to improve their academic outcomes
- Build trusting and caring relationships with students and their families to improve student academic performance
- Conduct needs assessments, develop intervention plans, and intensely follow the progress of students through effective case management
- Provide one-on-one and small group academic planning and college counseling
- Gather and monitor data regarding academic progress (grades, test scores, etc.)
- Coordinate efforts to improve the college-bound culture at the middle and high schools: college awareness workshops, campus field trips, parent workshops, and other events
- Plan, recruit for, coordinate and implement major Project GRAD events: Summer Institutes, Scholarship Celebration, Bridge to College, Parent Summit, and community awareness events
- Help create and implement innovative programming and outreach strategies
- Some evenings and weekends required
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate and committed to Project GRAD’s mission and values
- Embody the characteristics we hope to instill in our students: passionate learner, embraces challenge, creative problem solver, focused on long-term goals, resilient, and sound decision maker
- Can lead, inspire, support, and manage a team to meet its goals and objectives
- To achieve quality results, must be able to establish and maintain good working rapport with all Project GRAD stakeholders: Scholars, school principals and administrators, teachers, students, parents, higher education partners, other CBOs, funders, and Project GRAD staff
- Able to effectively advise students and parents individually and in groups
- Strong writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of college access and success information and issues
- Professional skills: organized, prompt, responsive, meets deadlines, etc.
- Adroit with computers, technology, and common software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience counseling youth and families preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
If interested in the Team Leader position, please submit a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Thursday, March 13th.
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule an interview in the week of March 17th. The interview will consist of a 10-minute presentation explaining why you are best suited for the job, followed by 20 minutes of questions and answers. A computer monitor or screen will be available for candidates to use and any other presentation materials needed should be requested in advance.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.